Save with Citadel
Our Star Savings account has a high rate that gets better the more you save. At Citadel, we're here to help your savings grow. We will help guide you through the process to decide which is the best bank account to jump-start your savings.
Contact a Citadel representative to learn about the types of savings accounts we offer, our savings account rates and more today!
Open a Star Savings account today with Citadel and watch your savings soar!
Grow your savings with a high rate savings account. The more you put away, the more your rate increases.
Online & Mobile Banking
Manage your Citadel Savings account anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Free ATM Transactions
Citadel members can make surcharge-free transactions at more than 28,000 ATMs worldwide.
- $5 minimum balance
- The ability to open additional subaccounts at no additional cost
Use our savings account calculator below to determine how many years it will take you to reach your savings goal.
Open a Savings account with Citadel today!Get Started
How long until my savings reach my goal?
Use this calculator to determine how many years an existing savings account will take to reach your stated objective.
Each balance inquiry at non-Citadel ATMs
Each ATM withdrawal at non-Citadel ATMs
Paper account statement fee (excludes ages under 21 and age 70 years of age and older)
Monthly service fee, waived for 60 days following account opening. May be waived after 60 days if one of five criteria is met*. Monthly service fee does not apply to any account held by a member under age 21
Monthly inactivity fee**
Service fee to close account within 90 days of opening
- Citadel is committed to helping you protect your hard-earned money.
- All Citadel deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 per member by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the U.S. government.
- Communicate with us securely through our Online Banking secure messaging system.
Related Deals and Offers
Find an ATM or Branch Near You
*Star Savings Account Disclosures
Information accurate as of and is subject to change without notice.
All rates expressed as Annual Percentage Yield (APY). Minimum balance to open account and earn APY is $5.00. Fees may reduce earnings.
After 60 days, the monthly service fee is waived if one of the following criteria is met:
- Active Citadel checking account
- Citadel Mastercard® with activity in the last 90 days
- Combined household deposit balance of $1,500
- Combined household deposit, investment and loan balance of $2,500
- A loan balance greater than $0
- A $5.00 monthly inactivity fee will apply if there is no activity on any Citadel account for one year—this fee is waived if combined balance of all deposit accounts is $500 or more. Fee does not apply to primary account owners less than 13 years of age. Inactivity is defined as a 365-day period during which there were no customer-initiated transactions on any Citadel account.
- During any calendar month, You may not make more than six withdrawals from or transfers to another Credit Union Account of Yours or to a third party by means of a pre-authorized or automatic transfer or telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card, if applicable, or similar order to a third party.
Federally insured by NCUA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Still have questions? Visit our help center.