Earn More with a Guaranteed High Rate
High Yield Savings Account
Earn more on your savings, and reach your savings goal faster and securely! Citadel's new High Yield Savings Account gives you a guaranteed intro rate of 1.30% for six months, and a 1.00%* APY. With this new offer, you'll enjoy higher returns without tying up your money for long terms.
Here's how to get your guaranteed rate:
- Open a new Citadel High Yield Savings Account with a minimum of $10,000 (new money only).
- Maintain an average daily balance of at least $10,000 (which also avoids a $10 monthly fee).
- Use at least two of the following electronic services monthly, with any of your Citadel accounts:
- Online and Mobile Banking with eStatement enrollment*
- Monthly external deposits of $500 or more, can be made via mobile deposit, or direct deposit.*
- Five card purchases with a Citadel MasterCard or Citadel debit card*
High Introductory Rate
Enjoy a high introductory rate of 1.30% guaranteed for 6 months!
Continuous High Returns
After the first six months, your rate will keep pace with market conditions.
Unlike other savings vehicles, with Citadel’s High Yield Savings Account you have access to your money.
You can withdraw funds once per calendar quarter. There is a $25 fee for each additional withdrawal or transfer during the same quarter.
How the APY is calculated:
The high introductory rate six-month period begins the day the account is opened, but the average daily balance is calculated from the day the account is funded.
Save with Security:
Citadel’s High Yield Savings Account deposits are federally insured by NCUA up to $250,000 per member.
Start Saving with a High Yield Savings Account Today!Learn More
Monthly service fee, if balance requirement is not met*
Withdrawal fee for each withdrawal or transfer (one free per calendar quarter)
Monthly inactivity fee**
- Citadel is committed to helping you protect your hard-earned money.
- All Citadel deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 per member by the National Credit Union Administration, an agency of the U.S. government.
- Communicate with us securely through our Online Banking secure messaging system.
Related Deals and Offers
Frequently Asked Questions
There is an introductory rate of 1.30% that is guaranteed for six full months from opening date.
The variable rate after the first six full months is currently 0.70%, therefore the Annual Percentage Yield for the first year is 1.00%, which is a combined rate of 1.30% and 0.70%. These rates are subject to change. The .70% rate is variable, but will always be competitive.
Yes. In order to qualify for the guaranteed yield, these funds must be deposited via direct deposit OR mobile deposit from an external account. Transfers from another Citadel account do not qualify.
Follow these steps to enroll:
If you are already an Online Banking user, log in.
- Once you log in, select E-Document Preferences under Preferences from the left side menu.
- Under eDelivery, elect to receive the type of Notices and Statements you prefer to receive electronically by checking the box next to each type.
- Selecting these notices means you will no longer receive the selected Account Statements and Account Notices in the mail.
Still have questions? Visit our help center.
Find an ATM or Branch Near You
*High Yield Savings Disclosures
Information accurate as of and is subject to change without notice. All rates expressed as Annual Percentage Yield (APY).
$10,000 minimum opening deposit. This minimum opening deposit must come from funds not currently held in accounts at Citadel. Not available to members who have a Citadel High Yield Savings Account currently or within the past 12 months. The monthly service fee is waived if the average daily balance is $10,000 or more.
In order to earn the APY, you must maintain an average daily balance of $10,000 in your account each month and use two (2) of the following electronic services monthly on your account relationship:
• Be enrolled in E-statements through Online/Mobile Banking;
• Have Direct deposit(s) and/or Mobile deposit(s) totaling $500 or more to your Account Relationship (Account Relationship is defined as the account number under which you opened the High Yield Savings. A customer can have multiple shares under a single Account Relationship.);
• Have five (5) Citadel Mastercard or Citadel Debit Card purchases per month
1.30% Introductory Rate guaranteed for 6 months from opening date. APY of 1.00% is a composite APY calculated using the Introductory Variable Rate of 1.30% and the Current Variable Rate (after intro) of 0.70%. Balances will earn the Introductory rate on the first $1,000,000.00 and a current variable rate of 0.35% on the remaining balance. Variable rates subject to change. One (1) free withdrawal or transfer per calendar quarter; $25 for each additional withdrawal or transfer during the same quarter. Not available as an IRA investment option. Fees may reduce earnings on the account.
A $5.00 monthly inactivity fee will apply if there is no activity on any Citadel account for one year—this fee is waived if combined balance of all deposit accounts is $500 or more. Fee does not apply to primary account owners less than 13 years of age. Inactivity is defined as a 365-day period during which there were no customer-initiated transactions on any Citadel account.
During any calendar month, You may not make more than six withdrawals from or transfers to another Credit Union Account of Yours or to a third party by means of a pre-authorized or automatic transfer or telephonic order or instruction, or by check, draft, debit card, if applicable, or similar order to a third party.
***Datatrac Data: Based upon an analysis of 125,644 banking locations in the United States as of 9/14/2017, Citadel Federal Credit Union's regular savings outperformed the National average by 988%. 988% is the difference between the percent earned in interest between Citadel Federal Credit Union's rate at 1.00% APY compared to 0.09% APY for the National market average over the life of a regular savings over 36 months. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. $1k balance. All rates and terms herein are subject to change without notice and may be subject to credit approval.
Federally Insured by NCUA.