Building Strength in Education
Citadel Heart of Learning Award
At Citadel Credit Union, we’re committed to serve those who work every day to build a better future for us all. The Citadel Heart of Learning Award is one of our longest standing initiatives. We started the program 20 years ago in partnership with the Chester County Intermediate Unit (CCIU), to recognize local teachers who show dedication in and outside of the classroom.
Expanding the Program
Each year, we receive thousands of nominations for deserving teachers throughout Chester County and beyond. As we’ve all faced challenges over the past year, we felt that is was more important than ever to recognize teachers who have gone above and beyond during these difficult times.
View the list of Citadel Heart of Learning Award nominees for each district below.
- Avon Grove School District
- Chester County Intermediate Unit
- Coatesville Area School District
- Downingtown Area School District
- Great Valley School District
- Kennett Consolidated School District
- Octorara Area School District
- Owen J. Roberts School District
- Oxford Area School District
- Phoenixville Area School District
- Tredyffrin-Easttown School District
- Twin Valley School District
- Unionville/Chadds Ford School District
- West Chester School District
- Bucks County
- Delaware County
- Lancaster County
- Montgomery County
- Philadelphia County
Citadel Heart of Learning Award Winners
Follow @CitadelBanking on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter for the latest District and County Winner announcements. We will announce this year’s Grand Prize Winners in a live, virtual event on Facebook in May 2021. Check back for more details.
For more information, contact us at CitadelHeartofLearning@CitadelBanking.com.
Citadel Celebrates Teachers for Being Everyday Superheroes
We know life has looked a little bit different lately. Along with the challenges, there have been joys and triumphs. We recognize teachers everywhere for being everyday superheroes and for supporting their students during this difficult time. This year's awards ceremonies looked a bit different, but we still wanted to recognize the 2019-2020 winners and nominees for all that do for their students and our community.
Learn more about our commitment to the community.Explore Now
Citadel Heart of Learning Award Eligibility
- All nominees must be PA certified active teachers in a Chester County public school or a Chester County non-public school. Exceptions may include teachers in non-public schools who are not required to be certified, home school teachers, tutors, etc. Retired teachers are eligible as long as retirement date was at max, one year prior to award year.
- School districts located within Chester County that are included in the Citadel Heart of Learning Award are as follows: Avon, Grove, Coatesville Area, Downingtown Area, Great Valley, Kennett Consolidated, Octorara Area, Owen J. Roberts, Oxford Area, Phoenixville Area, Tredyffrin/Easttown, Twin Valley, Unionville-Chadds Ford and West Chester Area.
- For the purpose of the Citadel Heart of Learning Award, a public school shall be defined as a school under the jurisdiction of one of the public school districts listed above and which is publicly funded; employs staff that are required to be certified by the Pennsylvania Department of Education; and meet the policies, rules, and regulations of the Pennsylvania School Code.
- For the purpose of the Citadel Heart of Learning Award, Charter schools and home schools are categorized as Chester County non-public schools.
- For the purpose of the Citadel Heart of Learning Award, cyber school teachers will be eligible for nomination if the student or parent submitting the nomination resides in Chester County.
- All nominees must provide direct instruction to students in a classroom setting. This includes classroom teachers, subject teachers, certified teaching professionals who provide direct instruction to students, k-12, in a classroom setting, such as a reading specialist, speech therapist, learning support teacher, librarian, etc.