How do I set up an external account in Online and Mobile Banking?
Frequently Asked Question
Adding an external account allows you to link savings and checking accounts with other financial institutions to your Citadel account. Once you have linked your external accounts, the accounts will appear in the funds transfer drop down list. Follow these steps to add an external account, or watch this video to see how it's done.
- Select 'Transfers' > 'External Accounts'
- Select the Financial institution you would like to add and follow the prompts, or you can add the account manually with the routing number and account number by clicking ‘add account manually’
- Enter the Account Number, routing number and type of account
- Click continue to Verify
- Two small micro deposits will be made into the account you have added within 2 business days. Once you receive the two micro deposits in your External Account, log back into Online Banking and select, 'Verify External Account'
- To activate your Account, click on the link provided to view the list of your outstanding requests. You will need to know the amounts of both micro deposits to verify your External Account. You will not be able to make transfers to/from this External Account until your micro deposits have been verified.
Note: Once the micro deposits are made, you will have 14 days to complete the verification process.