What is the difference between all payment statuses in Bill Payer?
Frequently Asked Question
There are several payment statuses in Bill Payer to help manage your payments:
- Canceled - Typically occurs when a payment has begun processing, but the account is closed after the fact.
- Created - This is a temporary status that only exists during our processing window. It can be treated the same as "pending."
- Delivered - A payment has been completed and the payee has their money.
- Failed Funding - An electronic payment was rejected by the data core (NSF, account closed, invalid account, etc.).
- In Process - An electronic payment is being processed.
- Mailed - A check payment has been mailed.
- Past Due - Will display only if the user has any bills that are past due (eBills only).
- Payment Stopped - A check payment submitted had a stop payment request placed against it undeliverable - a check payment was undeliverable.
- Pending - A payment has been scheduled.
- Postal Return - A check payment has been returned.
- Returned - A returned electronic payment has been refunded back to a member account.