Bill Payer FAQs
Bill Payer Frequently Asked Questions
Review our frequently asked questions below to get quick answers and tips on using Citadel's Bill Payer.
Bill Payer Frequently Asked Questions
To enroll in Bill Payer in Online and Mobile Banking, select 'Payments' > 'Bill Payer' from the Online/Mobile Banking menu to access Bill Payer.
- Tap 'Payments' from the menu to access Bill Payer.
- Select the payee from the Payment Center. In the Payment Center, notice the payees are listed by name and account number.
- To schedule your payment, tap the From field to enter the account you wish to make the payment from. Enter the Amount and the Payment Due Date to complete the transaction. Tap the calendar to select your payment due date. (Please note, the “From” field will default to your primary checking).
- Tap Send Payment when finished.
- Select 'Payments' from the menu to access Bill Payer.
- In the Payment Center, select the payee.
- To schedule your payment, enter the Amount and the Payment Due Date. (Please note, the “From” field will default to your primary checking).
- Select ‘Send Payment’ when finished.
Pay anyone in the United States using Bill Payer that you would normally pay by check, automatic debit, or cash. You can pay companies, friends and family members, and service providers, such as the babysitter or the plumber. You cannot use Bill Payer to send payments to addresses outside the United States. We don’t recommend using Bill Payer to make state and federal tax payments or court-ordered payments. Such payments are discouraged and must be scheduled at your own risk.
We send the payment electronically whenever possible. If the company or person cannot receive electronic payments, we print a check and mail it to the address you provided.
To view if a payment was delivered using Bill Payer, select 'Activity' from the top menu to view all payment history and details.
Payments Guarantee, you can be assured that your electronic payments are safe and reliable. When your payments are processed through Bill Payer, you are protected in the unlikely event of unauthorized transactions or processing delays.
The Payments Guarantee applies when all the payment and contact info provided is accurate.
To change or cancel a scheduled payment in Bill Payer, you can edit or cancel a payment at any time. Simply select 'Change' or 'Cancel' under the scheduled payment within the Pending Payments list.
If you have an account number, please be sure to enter it. Some small companies, such as landscaping or cleaning services for example, may not assign you an account number. If you don’t have an account number, you can enter other info that identifies you to the company you are paying. For example, you can use your service address or the name on the account.
Within Bill Payer, click on the Payment Center:
- Locate the biller you wish to delete and click on the biller’s name (the name will be blue which indicates a link)
- The profile of the biller should pop up. Once popped up, click the 'Remove <Biller Name>' link in the lower right corner.
- You will be asked to confirm your selection, click OK to remove the biller.
In Bill Payer, if the payment is sent electronically, the money is withdrawn from your account on the date you choose to pay. If the company or person cannot receive electronic payments, we print a check and mail it to the address you provide.
For check payments, the money is withdrawn when the company or person deposits or cashes the check.
If your biller offers an electronic version of your bill, the eBill icon will be located next to the name within the Payment Center. After activating a biller with eBills, you will start receiving your bill directly within your Citadel Bill Payment account. No need to shuffle through biller information or access each individual biller’s website to pay your bills–you can get it all right here and never miss a payment.
To activate an eBill:
- Click on the icon labeled “Get Bill”
- After selecting to sign up an existing payee for eBills, fill in the required fields.
- When completed, click Submit.
With Bill Payer, if the company or person you’re paying can receive electronic payments, the money is typically delivered on the payment date you chose. If the company or person you’re paying cannot receive payments electronically, we mail them a paper check. This process typically takes three to five business days.
To set up automatic payments in Bill Payer, First locate the biller you would like to set an automatic payment for and Select 'Auto Pay'. Follow the prompts on the next screen to define your Auto Pay parameters.
We maintain relationships with thousands of companies, and manage their contact info for you while using Bill Payer. We don’t have to ask you for the contact info for these companies because we already have it. If the address changes, these companies contact us directly.
To view your payment history in Bill Payer, select 'Activity' from the top menu and choose your date range to review. You can also apply filters by Recipient Name, Category, Status and Account.
You can also locate the specific biller you are researching and select 'Activity' to view history for just that payee.
Still have questions? Visit our help center.