Citadel Heart of Learning Award
The nomination period for 2017 is now closed!
Citadel has teamed up with the Chester County Intermediate Unit to honor our area’s most outstanding educators.
About the Citadel Heart of Learning Award
Each year, Citadel receives thousands of nominations for this nationally recognized award (more than 2,700 entries received for more than 1,200 teachers). Our team carefully reviews each nomination and eventually narrows the list to 15 finalists:
- One teacher from each of the 13 area public school districts
- One teacher from the Chester County Intermediate Unit
- One teacher from a non-public school in Chester County (including charter and home schools)
Each of the finalists receives $500 to use in his or her classroom. From this elite group, three winners are selected:
- One high school teacher
- One middle school teacher
- One elementary school teacher
Each winner receives the Citadel Heart of Learning Award along with an additional $1,500 for use in the classroom.
Congratulations to the 2016 Citadel Heart of Learning District Finalists!
View the full list here.
The 2016 Citadel Heart of Learning Finalists. Overall program winners were Elizabeth Houseman, East Pikeland Elementary School, Carol A. Wiegner, Penn’s Grove Middle School, and Andrew Wagner, CCIU’s Brandywine Virtual Academy