General Online & Mobile Banking Upgrade FAQ
What browser am I running?
Visit www.WhatBrowser.org Back to top
I keep getting redirected to Citadel’s home page every time I try to visit online banking?
If you have bookmarked a Citadel web address, you may need to refresh your browser. Please visit our detailed page on how to refresh your browser by clicking here. Back to top
What Operating System is my mobile device running?
To validate your Apple OS: Go into Settings > General > About > Version To validate your Android OS: You can visit WhatIsMyAndroidVersion.com to see which OS you are running. Back to top
Will Bill Payer look different after the upgrade?
No. Bill Payer will remain the same. Back to top
How can I see my account details when viewing through the mobile app?
When viewing through the mobile app, tap on the account in question and then tap the “Show details” text located in the upper right-hand corner. Once tapped, the “Show details” link will expand with your next payment date, amount, balance, and all of your other account details. Back to top
How do I log off of online banking?
The “Log Off” option has been moved to the bottom of the menu under “Preferences” Back to top
Will the upgraded online and mobile banking work in Internet Explorer Compatibility View?
No. The upgraded online and mobile banking will not work in IE Compatibility View. Back to top
What happened to Quick Links?
Quick Links are currently not accessible but will be reintroduced in a later version of Citadel’s online and mobile banking. Back to top
Do I have to upgrade to the enhanced online and mobile banking?
Desktop users will have to upgrade by March 31 to continue using Citadel online and mobile banking. Users can opt to “Upgrade Now”, “Upgrade Next Time”, or “Upgrade Later.” If the user selects “Upgrade Later” before March 31, they will need to wait 1 week until the opt-in message appears again to upgrade. Users will be upgraded automatically on March 31. Back to top
How do I upgrade to the latest version of Citadel’s mobile application?
Mobile users will be prompted to upgrade to the latest upgrade of Citadel’s mobile application once the mobile upgrade is available. Users will be offered a link to their respective app store to download the upgrade. Android users may have to empty the Google Play Store’s cache in order to access the newest upgrade in the Google Play Store. To empty the cache: Go to Settings > Apps. Tap All > Google Play Store then finally tap the Clear cache button. Back to top
I’m using Safari 9 and I am having trouble viewing eDocuments; how can I view my eStatements?
- Download Adobe Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/, in order to utilize the PDF viewing capability in Safari.
- From the Manage Website settings sub menu I selected ‘Allow’ for PDF Flash player and PDF viewer.
Back to top
Will I have to re-authenticate my device when using the enhanced upgrade for the first time?
On the mobile app ‐ If mobile device users have stored a cookie, then those users will NOT be prompted for a Security Access Code. However, most of the time mobile app users will need to re‐authenticate their device and obtain a Security Access Code once they update the app. Once authenticated, users will be prompted to register their device to avoid the authentication process in the future. On desktop – A user visiting the enhanced online banking will not have to re‐authenticate unless he or she has cleared their cookies or are using a different browser than they typically use to access their accounts. Once authenticated, users will be prompted to register their device to avoid the authentication process in the future. Back to top
Will the order of my account overview remain the same after the upgrade?
Currently, all accounts are grouped by type. For example, all Checking accounts would be grouped together in the current version of online and mobile banking. The upgrade will give users the option of grouping their accounts any way they’d like to see it regardless of type. Any current account that does not have an order assigned to it will default to the bottom. Users can make adjustments to the order under the account preferences menu. Back to top
Do I need to log into Online Banking on a computer to start banking on the mobile application?
A new user can open their account, download the mobile app and start banking, without ever logging into Online Banking. Users can enroll on the mobile application from the login screen by tapping the “Enroll” link at the bottom. Back to top
Can I enroll in Mobile Deposit and Text Banking from the mobile app?
Yes, a user can enroll in Mobile Deposit and Text Banking directly in the mobile app. Back to top
How can I view the Sidebar on my phone or tablet?
The Sidebar does not always appear on a tablet or smartphone. To view the Sidebar in the mobile app, tap “Sidebar” and swipe from left to right on any page to reveal the menu. To hide the Sidebar in the mobile app, tap “Sidebar” while the Sidebar is visible on any page and swipe to the right edge of the screen. Back to top
Can I search and filter my transaction history?
Yes, users can now search and filter transaction history. Back to top
Can I transfer funds to another member?
Yes, users can now transfer funds to other members through online and mobile banking. Back to top
Can I search for ATM locations?
Yes, users can now search locations of ATM’s (surcharge free and/or deposit taking) and Branches (Citadel and CO-OP Shared Branches). Back to top
Can I view check images?
Yes, users can view check images through online and mobile banking. Back to top
How do I view and print e-documents through Safari with my MAC?
If you are using Safari, please attempt to follow the instructions below.
- Download Adobe Reader from https://get.adobe.com/reader/, in order to utilize the PDF viewing capability in Safari.
- Click on the “Safari” button on the top of the browser.
- Click “Preferences.”
- Click the “Security” tab at the top of the window that opens.
- Locate the “Plug-in Settings” button, which will bring up a list of the active plug-ins working in Safari.
- Click the Adobe Reader plug-in on the left side, which will bring up the settings for that plug-in.
- It seems the default setting is set to ask the user to allow the plug-in when on the site, but this setting can be changed to “Always Allow.” When set to “Ask,” a prompt should come up to allow Adobe to be used on the webpage, but this prompt is not appearing on our site. Changing to “Always Allow,” avoids the prompt altogether, and seems to resolve the issue.
- After changing the setting, the member would go back to E-Documents and select their statement from the drop-down, and it should now populate in the Adobe Reader plug-in.
If you are still having issues, please try to view the statements in another browser such as Chrome.
There are a few options in regards to printing your account history. Try and locate a little printer icon on your screen when viewing your account in online banking. This icon will allow you to print when you are viewing specific transactions, the whole history or you can highlight or select the text, right click and print.Back to top
Why can’t I see my updated Citadel account information in my Intuit/Quicken software after I opted into the new Citadel online and mobile banking?
You may have to deactivate and reactivate all of your Citadel accounts in Quicken to start receiving the updated information. Please see the “Deactivate Online Banking Services for a Quicken Account” and “Reactivating a Deactivated Account” links for instructions on how to deactivate and reactivate your accounts. There you will find detailed instructions which have been tailored to your operating system. Back to top
Can I access my rewards points through the app?
Yes, new to the app is access to rewards points. The process for redeeming rewards points is the same, but the interface has been updated to display the rewards point site without opening a new window. Back to top
How do I login to the app with Apple Touch ID?
Users can now login to the app on select Apple device with their thumb print instead of entering their username and password. Users can use Touch ID with an iPhone 5s or later, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, or iPad mini 3 or later. To use Touch ID, it first must be enabled in the device settings. Instructions can be found on Apple’s website. Once enabled on the device, users will login to the app and go to Preferences > Security Preferences > Turn on “Touch ID” > Tap “Continue”. After entering the Login ID and Password, users will be prompted to touch the “Home” button. The logon screen will now show a thumb print instead of the Login ID and Password fields. Users will tab the thumb print and then hold their thumb to the “Home” button until logged into the app. Back to top If you have any questions about the upgrade, please contact us at 1-800-666-0191 or info@CitadelBanking.com Stay tuned for more information about these enhancements. We look forward to bringing you a new and improved online and mobile banking experience! Back to top
What is a Secure Access Code?
As part of our enhanced security, the system will send a Secure Access Code the first time you log in to your account. You can select to receive this code through an automated phone call, a text, voicemail or email. Since this code will be sent to information we have currently on file, make sure we have your most updated contact information by calling us at (800) 666-0191 or by visiting any Citadel branch. Once you receive your Secure Access Code, you can then log in. Upon second log in, you will be required to receive a new Secure Access Code. At this time, you can register your computer for future use and will not be required to request another Secure Access Code. Back to top
I am having trouble receiving my Secure Access Code, what are my options?
There are several ways to receive your Secure Access Code, please be aware the contact information existing on your account will be the available choices. Once you’ve signed into Online Banking, you will be able to update your contact information and add additional phone, cell and email addresses to receive your Access Code. If you have chosen to receive your code via Text Message (SMS), and are not receiving it, please text the word START to 878787. This will ensure that your phone is not blocking the short code for any reason.
- Text Message – a text message will be sent to your mobile device
- Phone Call - choose which phone number listed on your account to receive a voice message with your code
- Email - an email will be sent to the email address associated with your account
Back to top
I am trying to login for the second time and already have a secure access code. Why can’t I log in?
A Secure Access Code is only active for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, you will need to request a new Secure Access Code if you have not registered your device. Back to top
I am using Gmail and have not received my Secure Access Code, how can I ensure I receive the emails?
To make sure Gmail never filters your Secure Access Code email as spam mail, please follow the steps below:
- Follow the Settings link in Gmail
- Go to Filters
- Click Create a new filter
- Type the desired email address under From
- To whitelist an entire domain (all mail from an address ending in about.com, for example), type the just the domain name or the domain name poceeded by @. To whitelist about.com, for instance, type @about.com (not including the quotation marks)
- You do not have to create a separate filter for each address. Separate addresses with | in the “From: field” instead. To whitelist both firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com, enter firstname.lastname@example.orgemail@example.com, for example
- Click Next Step
- You can click Test Search before, of course, to make sure you did not mistype
- Make sure Never send it to Spam is checked
- Click Create Filter
Back to top
I have requested my Secure Access Code via email and I have not received it, what should I do?
Be sure to check your Junk or Spam folder on your email folders. Often if your email service doesn’t recognize an email address it may automatically flag email as Junk or Spam. You can add the Secure Access Code email address to your contacts to avoid this in the future. If you still cannot receive these emails, try another method of delivery, such as text message or phone call. If you still have problems, please call us at (800) 666-0191. Back to top
I keep getting locked out of my account; can I reset my password directly from the website or app?
A security feature of Online Banking is limiting the number of attempted logins with an incorrect password. If you’ve forgotten your password you can easily reset this directly from the Log In screen.
- Enter your username
- Check the Forgot Your Password box and click the Log In button
- Obtain a new Secure Access Code
- Once you enter your new code, you will be prompted to change your password
The system will tell you when you are about to reach your limit of attempted log-ins. If you see the following message at the log in page, please follow the steps above: Invalid Login. One more invalid attempt will lock out this Username. Please select Forget Password to create a new password. This can also be done on the mobile app.
Back to top
I’ve completely locked myself out of Online Banking and I am unable to use the Forgot Password function, what can I do?
If you have locked your account due to several unsuccessful login attempts, for your security, please call us at (800) 666-0191 for assistance. Back to top
Why am I being alerted of successful logins at early morning hours?
If you are a Quicken user and have your password stored in the Password Vault, you will receive these alerts because our systems update overnight. Quicken picks up the update and logs into your account to bring your account activity up to date, creating a valid password attempt. Alerts will only be sent if you have opted in to receive a security alert from Online Banking, Alert me when a valid password for my Username is submitted. You can modify these alerts under the Preferences Menu in Online Banking; select Security and look under the Alerts Tab. Back to top
I can’t remember my Username; how can I find out what I selected when I enrolled?
From the login box, there is a link to Forgot Username. From here, you will be prompted to enter account specific information and a valid email address on file with Citadel. If everything matches, an email will be sent to your address with your username, or list of usernames if you use more than one. Back to top
I keep forgetting my username; can I change it so it’s easy to remember?
You can change your username at any time. It is highly recommended that you create a personalized username that is easy for you to remember. Follow these steps to change your username:
- Select Preferences > Security Preferences
- Click on Change Login ID.
- Enter your desired username. NOTE: Username requirements are displayed on the right side of the screen.
- Click the Submit button.
- Your new username will be immediately effective for all future logins to online banking.
Back to top
Online Banking Transactions
How do I set up an external account and what is the process?
Adding an external account allows you to link savings and checking accounts with other financial institutions to your Citadel account. Once you have linked your external accounts, the accounts will appear in the funds transfer drop down list. Follow these steps to add an external account:
- Select Transfer Funds > External Account
- Enter the Account Number
- Select an Account Type (Savings or Checking)
- Enter the Routing number
- Click continue to Verify
Two small micro deposits will be made into the account you have added within 2 business days. Once you receive the two micro deposits in your External Account, log back into Online Banking and select Verify External Account. To activate your Account, click on the link provided to view the list of your outstanding requests. You will need to know the amounts of both micro deposits to verify your External Account. You will not be able to make transfers to/from this External Account until your micro deposits have been verified. Note: Once the micro deposits are made, you will have 14 days to complete the verification process. Back to top
How do I cancel a pending external transfer?
You are able to cancel a pending external account transfer after it shows as authorized in online banking.
- Select Online Activity
- Find the funds transfer you wish to cancel
- Move the cursor over actions and click Cancel Transaction
Back to top
Is there a transaction limit to External Transfers in Online Banking?
Yes, there are limits to the External Transfers:
- 3 external transfers per day
- 10 external transfers per month
- Monthly external transfer amount = $40,000
- Maximum single external transfer amount = $10,000
Back to top
What are Recurring Transfers?
You have the ability to create a recurring transaction for some types of payments or transfers. A recurring transaction happens on a preset schedule that you determine. Once the current transaction has been processed, the next transaction is scheduled. You can set up Recurring Transfers on the Funds Transfer screen. Check the box labeled “Make this a recurring transaction”. Once selected, the recurring parameters will become available for selection. Back to top
How do I cancel a single instance of a recurring transaction?
You can cancel all occurrences of a recurring transaction by cancelling the transaction under the Online Activity – Recurring Transactions menu. Click on the recurring transaction you wish to cancel and select ‘Cancel’ from the drop-down box. You will be asked to confirm the cancellation. Transactions-Manage Recurring Transactions no longer appears in the menu.
Back to top
How do I cancel all occurrences of a recurring transaction?
You can cancel all occurrences of a recurring transaction by cancelling the transaction under the Transactions> Manage Recurring Transfers menu. Click on the recurring transaction you wish to cancel and select Cancel the selected transaction from the drop-down box. Click Submit and you will be asked to confirm the cancellation. Back to top
Can I modify a recurring transaction?
No, recurring transactions may only be created or cancelled. You can also cancel individual occurrences of the transaction under the Online Activity menu. Back to top
How do I make a stop payment on a check?
Go to Transfer Funds and click on the Stop Payment tab.
- Choose request type; single or multiple checks.
- Click on each category header on the left to select an account, enter a check number, amount and choose the date of the check.
- When entering the check number or amount, be sure to click Save.
- When completed, click Send Request.
Back to top
Can I transfer funds to another Citadel member?
Yes, you can easily transfer funds to any Citadel member. You will just need to know; the members’ account number, the account suffix, the type of account (checking, savings, loan, etc.) and the first three letters of their last name. Note: If the recipient’s name has punctuation, you will need to include that in First Three of Last Name field i.e. O’Brien is OB. Simply select Member to Member Transfer under Transfer Funds and follow these easy steps:
- Choose the From Account from which the funds will be drawn (debited).
- Enter the desired amount.
- Enter an optional Description to help you in identifying this transaction later.
- Enter the To Account Number for whom the funds will be transferred to.
- Enter the Share/Loan ID
- Choose the correct Account Type for the account receiving the funds.
- Enter the first three letters of the recipient’s last name.
- Once all information has been entered, click on Continue to process transaction.
Back to top
How do I access images of my cleared checks?
Check images can be accessed when viewing the cleared check in the history of the account. There are two ways to find your cleared checks: 1) Go to the Account Details of your checking account and find the check in the transaction list below. The list can be sorted by date, description, and amount by clicking on the arrow next to the detail. If you click on the description of a specific transaction, you will see more details like the elements of a multi-faceted deposit. You can then click a single element of this deposit for more information such as the image of a check or of a deposit slip. You can view the back and front of the cleared image. 2) Use the search function from the Account Details:
- Click Show Filters
- Choose options (Description, Type, Time Period, Check #, and Amount
- Click Apply Filters
- Click on the result below
- It will return the transaction for you
- Click on the description to open up more details and locate the cleared check image
Back to top
How do I search for transactions Online and Mobile Banking?
As the amount of transaction history for a selected account grows, the search box allows you to easily find specific online transactions. You can search for transactions by check number, range of checks, date, date range (time period), transaction amount, amount range, transaction description, or other parameters. Once you have narrowed the list by selecting one of the search filters and entering the required data, click the Search button to display the data. You can restore the original online history list by selecting Default View from the search drop-down selection, and clicking the Search button. You can also get a complete list of available history by selecting All Available Transactions from the search drop-down box. Back to top
Can I export Account History?
Instead of displaying your search results, you can also easily export the data to a file by selecting the Export option from the Display drop-down. You can then choose a supported format from the drop-down box. You can download your data into popular personal financial management and business financial management applications.
- Microsoft® Excel (.xls) or another spreadsheet application
- Comma separated value file (.csv)
- Microsoft® Money / Microsoft® Office Accounting (.ofx)
- Quicken (.qfx); please contact us for a list of supported versions.
- QuickBooks (.qbo); please contact us for a list of supported versions.
You will be asked if you wish to Open or Save the export file. If you choose to Open the file, you must have the application that supports the file format installed on your local machine. Back to top
Can I change the way my accounts display in my Accounts Overview page?
You can set preferences for your account display. Any current account that does not have an order assigned to it will default to the bottom. Group your accounts by;
- Go to Preferences and Account Preferences. Change the default account display order. Smaller order numbers will appear in lists before larger numbers. Select the order of the accounts by placing the number in the Order box next to the corresponding account.
- Go to Preferences and Account Preferences. Enter a nickname for each of your accounts Your nickname will be used in all areas of Online and Mobile Banking.
- Select the order of the accounts by placing the number in the Order box next to the corresponding account.
- Once you enter your preferences on this page, click ’Submit’. You will be asked to confirm your changes, and they will be immediate.
Back to top
How do I set up more than one funding account for my Bill Payer payments?
Under the Preferences Menu you will see the item for Bill Payer Preferences. This allows you to add any of your available checking accounts to be used for funding bill payments. Accounts that you add will be displayed within the Bill Payer, including the balance. To add an account:
- Select this item and then you will see your available checking accounts
- Check the box next to the account you want to add and save the change
- The next time you access Bill Payer you will be asked to confirm this request
- Click Authorize Changes to add your new funding account.
You will now have a drop down menu on your Payment Center to choose which checking account you would like to pay a bill from. Back to top
Where can I find my loan payment amount on the accounts overview screen?
You can access your Loan Payment amount from the Account Details screen. Go to Accounts and click on the loan in question. Clicking on the loan will bring up all of the details including the payment amount. Back to top
How do I access my Rewards Points for my credit and/or debit card from Online Banking?
Simply sign in and select Rewards Points, then Manage Your Rewards Points from the left menu to be automatically signed into CU Rewards to see your points and start redeeming. Back to top
How do I access my Online Investment account (Member Portfolio View) from Online Banking?
Simply sign into Online Banking select Investment Accounts, then Manage Your Investments from the left menu to be automatically signed into Member Portfolio View and see all your accounts. Back to top
What is Citadel Text Banking?
Citadel Text banking is a simple to use texting service that allows you to quickly and easily get access to your balances, account history and perform account transfers. Just text a command to 226563 and Citadel will send your information right back via a text message! Back to top
Is there a cost for Citadel Text Banking?
No, Citadel Text Banking is FREE product. However, normal message and data rates may apply. Back to top
How do I enroll in Citadel Text Banking?
Follow these simple steps to enroll in Text Banking:
- Once you log in to Online or Mobile Banking, select Services from the left side menu.
- Click on the Enroll Text Banking tab
- Select Enable and authorize text banking on the below mobile device (message and data rates may apply)
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions then click Submit
After you click Submit you will be sent to your Account Preferences page. You will be able to select each account you would like to enable for Text Banking. You will also need to assign a unique nickname to each enabled account which will allow you to inquire on a single account and make transfers between accounts. Back to top
What types of transactions can I do with Citadel Text Banking?
Here is the list of commands you can use with Text Banking:
- BAL or BAL [space] [display name] : Retrieves account balances. Example: BAL CK1
- HIST [space] [display name] : Retrieves account history. Example: HIST CHK1
- XFER [from account display name] [space] [to account display name] [space] [amount] : Transfer funds between accounts. Example: XFER CK1 CK2 20.00
- LIST : Receive a list of available text commands
- HELP : Retrieves a list of contact points and info on Text Banking
- STOP : Stops all text messages to that specific mobile number from Text Banking
Back to top
How can I set up nicknames for my Citadel Text Banking accounts?
Once you enroll in Citadel Text Banking, you will automatically be taken to the Text Accounts Preferences screen to choose which accounts you would like to enable for Text Banking and assign unique nicknames. However, you can change your account nicknames at any time in Online or Mobile Banking by selecting Preferences from the left side menu, then Account Preferences, then the Text Accounts Tab. Back to top
What does Order mean on the Text Accounts Preferences Tab?
If you select more than one account to be enabled for Citadel Text Banking, assigning an order will drive the order the account balances will be returned to you if you text BAL with no specific nickname. Back to top
Will Automatic Signatures on my text messages be an issue with Citadel Text Banking?
Yes, if you have an automatic signature with your text messages, when a command is sent to Citadel Text Banking it will read the signature as part of the command text and not be able to understand the request. You will need to disable automatic text signatures to use Citadel Text Banking. Back to top
What carriers are supported for Citadel Text Banking?
Citadel Text Banking is supported by these carriers: Alltel, Appalachian Wireless, AT&T, Bluegrass Cellular, Boost Mobile, Cellcom, Cellular South, Centennial Wireless, Cincinnati Bell, GCI, Immix Wireless, Inland Cellular, IV Cellular, Nex-Tech Wireless, Nextel Communications, nTelos, Revol Wireless, Sprint PCS, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, United Wireless, Verizon Wireless, Virgin Mobile, and West Central Wireless. Back to top
Can I opt out of Citadel Text Banking?
Yes, there are two ways to opt out of Citadel Text Banking:
- Text STOP to 226563. An unsubscribe message will be sent to your number confirming the cancellation, but no more messages will be sent after that one.
- You can also disable Text Banking in Online Banking by selecting Preferences from the left side menu, then Mobile, then the Text Banking tab. Select Opt out and disable Text Banking then click Submit.
Back to top