Compare our Checking Accounts
Enjoy convenient Online and Mobile Banking tools, including mobile deposit and Bill Pay, and earn generous debit rewards on purchases. Compare checking account features to choose the one that will best support your financial goals.
Already A Customer? Open An Account Today!Log In
*Checking Account Disclosures
Information accurate as of and is subject to change without notice. All rates expressed as Annual Percentage Yield (APY). Fees may reduce earnings.
Star Checking Balance Requirements:
After 60 days, $7.00 monthly service fee is waived if one of the following criteria is met:
- Maintain an average daily balance of $500.00 in your STAR Checking account or
- Maintain $10,000 in total combined household deposit, investment, and loan balances
Premiere Checking Balance Requirements:
After 60 days, $17.00 monthly service fee is waived if one of the following criteria is met:
- Maintain an average daily balance of $5,000.00 in your Premiere Checking account or
- Maintain $25,000 in total combined household deposit, investment, and loan balances
**Important Information about Overdrafts and Overdraft Fees:
An overdraft occurs when the available balance in your account is not sufficient to cover a transaction. Citadel offers several options for you to avoid the potential embarrassment and extra expenses caused by a bounced check or insufficient funds. These include:
- Transferring funds from a Citadel Savings and/or Money Market Account
- Advancing funds from a Citadel Personal Line of Credit
- Courtesy Pay
As a Citadel member, if you have a checking account and qualify, you will automatically be enrolled in Courtesy Pay when you open your account. If you wish to use one of the other options, which may be free or less expensive than Courtesy Pay, you can sign up at any time. To learn more, please ask a Citadel Representative. For a complete list of fees associated with overdrafts, please refer to Citadel’s fee schedule.
This notice refers to our Courtesy Pay program:
Citadel offers Courtesy Pay for its members and may pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions:
- ACH withdrawals
- Bill Payer payments
- Recurring debit card transactions (e.g., monthly payments debited from your account)
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined and not paid.
If you want to use Courtesy Pay to pay overdrafts for one time, everyday debit card transactions (e.g. Starbucks®, the supermarket, Home Depot®), you must opt in and give us your permission. You can opt in by:
- Completing the Opt-In Form and clicking "submit".
- Visiting any Citadel Branch Office
- Calling Citadel toll free at (800)-666-0191
You cannot use Courtesy Pay to pay for overdrafts on ATM withdrawals.
When you use Courtesy Pay, we will charge you a fee of $33 each time we pay an overdraft. There is no limit on the amount of total fees we can charge you for overdrafting your account. Any fees charged will count against your Courtesy Pay limit. For information on Citadel's check clearing policies, please contact us at (800)-666-0191. You can opt out of Courtesy Pay at any time. Please visit any branch, or contact us at the toll free number above.
- A $5.00 monthly inactivity fee will apply if there is no activity on any Citadel account for one year—this fee is waived if combined balance of all deposit accounts is $500 or more. Inactivity is defined as a 365-day period during which there were no customer-initiated transactions on any Citadel account in which case a $5 inactivity fee will be applied to each checking, savings, and money market account, if the combined balance of all deposit accounts is less than $500.
Federally Insured by NCUA.